In our current age of rapidly advancing technology, almost every industry or sector needs an internet presence to succeed and make progress. This holds good especially in the case of brands, business outlets and organizations.
Several small business owners have now successfully discovered the multifold benefits of social media and proudly flaunt updated Social Media accounts on one or more major platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked_in, YouTube and Pinterest.
Social media not only introduces your business or organization to a larger, global audience but also effectively enhances your sales and growth respectively.
Below is a list of some of the benefits of Social Media for Home and Small Business owners:
- Getting to know your audience: The process of gaining popularity, recognition and success depends largely on identifying and getting acquainted with your suitable customers and audience respectively. Social media serves as an ideal platform for this purpose where you can get to learn more about your followers in terms of the age, gender, locality, preferences and opinions about your brand or products. This will further assist you in launching products or services that cater to your respective target audience.
- Helps Define Target Audience: Through strategized and effective communication measures, such as polls on your social media accounts, you can learn more about the specific needs of your audience. Geo tagging is also an effective tool that helps you in putting forth your message based on the geographical location of your desired audience.
- Gain New Customers: As Social Media platforms and tools, such as, “Facebook insights” and polls help you to understand your target audience more, you can then create and share tailor-made content that will attract this audience. You can then gain new customers from this audience.
- Keep People Updated: By updating your social media accounts regularly, you can keep your audience informed on all new things happening in your organization, such as, newly launched products, discounts or related offers and encourage their buy-in.
- Enhance Sales: Needless to say, when you get to know your customers better, you can attend to them in a satisfactory manner which will encourage more people to try out your services. This will successfully improve your sales and growth.
- Effective Marketing: You can cut down on some marketing costs by creating brand awareness through your social media network. It is mostly free but its reach is surely widespread and effective. Advertising through social media is relatively cheaper when compared to other modes of marketing.
- Building Bonds: Through constant communication and engagement with your audience on Social Media, you can build a strong, reliable brand with your customers. If you keep the gates of interaction wide open, your audience will learn to trust and count on your brand, products and services better than before.
- Increased Traffic: Through social media you can generate more traffic and leads for your website. Every update that you post can direct both new and prospective customers to your site for further interaction that can end in sales.
- Improved Ranking: As your Social Media Presence gets larger, it can have a positive impact on your search engine ranking. This can in turn facilitate easy location of your brand or business over the internet.
- Global Brand Awareness: As social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter gives you access to people all over the world, you can reach out to more people globally and in turn increase awareness of your brand internationally. This can help build a trust relationship with your target customer all over the world, making them more confident and secured about business dealings and purchases with your company.
- Improved Customer Service: When you allow a two way interaction, there is more scope for answering queries, solving complaints and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring Brand Authority: When you genuinely interact and participate in the customer conversations, they learn to associate trust, confidence, reliability and authenticity with your brand and it works in your favor enormously.
- Checking Competition: If you monitor social media smartly, you can keep a tab on your competitors and take measures to stay a step ahead of them and also improve your market intelligence.
- Ensuring Customer Benefit: Through social media you can keep your customers updated on any ongoing or forthcoming sales, discounts or offers, which will help them in making convenient purchases at reduced rates.
- Encourage Involvement: You can encourage your target audience to get involved with what you are doing as a brand by introducing elements of fun in your social media content strategy. You can do this by means of hosting fun contests, giveaways and similar activities as well as offering exciting prices to encourage maximum participation.
How to Start and Market A Business You Love!
- Learn from Social Media Strategist & Trainer, Tobi Awoyemi, on How to use Social Media to Grow your Home/Small Business Successfully
- Hear from 4 different Women on How to start 4 different Businesses
- Network with other Business owners and Start-ups
- Questions Time